[cfe-dev] Iterating redeclared DeclContexts

Kyle Sluder kyle at ksluder.com
Sun Feb 9 10:47:04 PST 2014

> On Feb 9, 2014, at 10:36 AM, Richard Smith <richard at metafoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> None of the other Redeclarable DeclContexts we currently have want this behaviour. (And in the presence of C++ modules, it wouldn't be correct - in that case, we only want to perform lookups into the class definition, not into any other class definition we've merged with it).

Ah, I see. Perhaps the doc comment could use some enhancement. (Or maybe I just didn’t understand the implications the first time through.)
> I suggest you just special-case the two forms of namespace. (Or use Objective-C++ ;).)

It’s probably due to my lack of C++ experience, but I find it weird to have this special-casing logic in the superclass. Is there a reason not to make this a virtual method?

As for Objective-C++, it doesn’t provide this feature, and since ObjC namespaces have runtime implications, my design is completely independent of ObjC++.

--Kyle Sluder