[cfe-dev] CMake vs. configure and packaging on different platforms

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Wed Feb 5 09:42:43 PST 2014

OK, I'm looking into how to add a libtooling package and I have a
couple questions.

On Windows, our only choice is CMake for building project/solution
files for building.

What does CMake do for packaging on Windows?

On unix, we can use CMake or we can use llvm/configure.  Why do we
have two ways of configuring and building on linux?  What do we get
from configure that we don't get from CMake?

Does this imply that I need to add packaging instructions in two place
for unix?