[cfe-dev] break after definition return type, but only if function can't be a one-liner?

Adam McKee Adam.Matthew.McKee at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 22:01:12 PST 2014

It does make sense to me that it's impractical to have clang-format support
all the formatting styles people like.  I think if I was maintaining this
program, I'd want a stronger justification for increasing the number of
configuration parameters than I would for making an existing parameter able
to better co-operate with another existing parameter.

I haven't looked at the source for clang-format yet, but I don't rule out
having a go at making a patch.  If I do that I'll surely send it to you, to
get your feedback.

Anyhow, Happy New Year!