[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] LLVM 3.6 update

Daniel Sanders Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com
Wed Dec 17 09:30:45 PST 2014

Sounds good to me too.

> From Hans Wennborgs email:
> We generally try to make the releases on a fixed 6-month cycle rather
> than wait for features. By this time last year the release was already
> in full swing so I don't want to wait much longer.

Agreed, it's certainly not a prerequisite and if we miss the date then we'll have to wait. The reason I'm particularly keen to get this fix into 3.6 is because it prevents code generation for 64-bit mips targets from the 32-bit mips binaries we currently release. It's possible to work around it by using clang as a cross-compiler ('-target mips64-linux-gnu') but that's not supposed to be necessary. It also, removes the need to force the build triple to 'mips-linux-gnu' when building our 32-bit releases since the output of config.guess will work.