[cfe-dev] Fine grain control over -Wconversion?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Dec 8 10:50:44 PST 2014

Hi all,

I maintain a few buildbots for open source projects and have taken the approach of using -Weverything then -Wno-foobar to disable some warnings.

Recently one clang bot had a -Wundefined-bool-conversion warning that my bot didn't.  The reason is that I have '-Weverything -Wno-conversion' in there.

So I set about trying to get finer grain control.  I tried:

-Weverything -Wno-sign-conversion -Wno-shorten-64-to-32 -Wno-float-conversion

but I still get many warnings of the form:

 implicit conversion loses floating-point precision: 'double' to 'float' [-Wconversion]

for which I guess -Wno-conversion is the only way to turn them off?  But if I do, I lose -Wundefined-bool-conversion and maybe others...

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com