[cfe-dev] libclang locking files for write/delete on windows

Ivan Koster ivankoster at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 13:28:57 PST 2014

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Kim Gräsman <kim.grasman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if LLVM/Clang or some other app on Ivan's system is
> opening the files with exclusive access, but if it's Clang, maybe the
> requested share mode could be lowered to read-only?

To clarify a bit more when the .h file gets locked and unlocked:

I have 2 processes running:
- sublime text with my plugin
- ycmd with libclang.dll loaded

My sublime text only opens the dummy.c file, it doesn't open dummy.h. It
then tells the ycmd process to parse the dummy.c file.
As soon as that happens, the dummy.h file gets locked. It's either ycmd or
libclang locking it.
When I terminate the ycmd process by hand, the file immediately gets
unlocked, probably windows cleaning up the file handles.