[cfe-dev] Correct .clang-tidy syntax

Szabolcs Sipos labuwx at balfug.com
Tue Dec 2 15:44:39 PST 2014

Hi!

I've been trying to use a .clang-tidy config file to pass parameters to
my checker, but have had no success

When I use the following syntax: (-> I found it here:
http://clang.llvm.org/extra/clang-tidy.html#configuring-checks)
CheckOptions: {
  - key: my-check.SomeOption1
    value: 123
  - key: my-check.SomeOption2
    value: 'some other value'
}

I get this error message:
YAML:2:4: error: Unexpected token. Expected Key, Flow Entry, or Flow
Mapping End.
  - key: my-check.SomeOption1
   ^

I tried removing the whitespace the arrow points to -> same error,
different location (before 123) -> whitespace removed -> a different error:
YAML:3:10: error: Found unexpected ':' while scanning a plain scalar
    value:123
         ^

At this point I have no idea what to do. Can you spot the error?

Thanks
--
Szabolcs Sipos