[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] LLVM+GCC collaboration BoF

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 11:50:10 PDT 2014

> Is there any interest in having a BoF session on the GCC+LLVM collaboration?

Collaboration is certainly a good idea, but I'm not convinced the best
way to make it happen is by hosting siloed meetings about it within
each community's gathering. It almost seems the canonical example of
how not to increase cross-talk.

The outcome of the cauldron one seems to have been (quite justifiably)
"sure, we'll talk if needed, but won't be dictated to". I expect LLVM
developers would say exactly the same thing.

I'll make sure I'm there either way, of course.

Cheers.

Tim.