[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Windows debug builds require /bigobj

Samuel Benzaquen sbenza at google.com
Tue Aug 26 12:43:30 PDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Reid Kleckner <rnk at google.com> wrote:

> Mmmm, delicious template instantiation. This has come up before, and the
> solution was to reduce the complexity of the template to avoid follow-on
> instantiations like SmallVector<T>.

In many cases, fixing this actually increases complexity of the code.
For example, I have a change that removes ~16% of symbols by doing manual
pointer deletion instead of using std::unique_ptr<>.
I'll send the change for review.

wrt whether LLVM should build without the /bigobj flag, that would be for
someone else to decide.

_Sam