[cfe-dev] Bug with vectorization of transcendental functions

Olaf Krzikalla olaf.krzikalla at tu-dresden.de
Thu Aug 21 06:29:56 PDT 2014

Hi Ian,

Am 19.08.2014 23:31, schrieb Ian Bell:
> That's a nice idea with vecmathlib, but for my application I need
> something that is portable, compiles in gcc/clang/msvc for a wide range
> of compilers and doesn't require too much hacking.
Are you aware of Scout? scout.zih.tu-dresden.de
It is source-to-source thus widely compatible (and configurable for SSE,
AVX aso.). However currently it vectorizes C code only.
Regarding exp() Intel provides _mm_exp_ps and the like. Back then (2-3
years ago) using that intrinsic slowed down programs in my experiments.

Best regards
Olaf