[cfe-dev] c++14

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Wed Aug 20 10:19:36 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 11:45:03AM -0500, James Gregurich wrote:

> On Aug 20, 2014, at 11:41 AM, Aaron Ballman <aaron at aaronballman.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 12:34 PM, James Gregurich <bayoubengal at mac.com> wrote:
> >> hi.
> >>
> >> I saw the other day that c++14 was ratified. I assume that clang support for
> >> c++14 is complete with clang 3.4 (looking at the website status page) and we
> >> are good to start using it for production work? is the “-std=c++1y” switch
> >> going to change to “-std=c++14” now?
> >
> > The switch happened in r215982, and it is currently being discussed
> > whether that change will be merged into the 3.5 branch.
> >
> > ~Aaron
>
> great! thanks!
>
> Is everything ready for production work? I can turn it on and expect nothing to break going forward?
>
> -James
--- end quoted text ---

Hi James,
Louis Dionne, author of the boost hana metaprogramming library, has found c++14
related bugs in clang 3.4 that cause clang 3.4 to segfault. Louis says those
bugs are fixed in clang 3.5. I am not sure if he reported those bugs here, or
if the llvm/clang usage patterns would find those bugs even though they exist.
But, apparently there are some limitations to the support for the c++14 dialect
in clang 3.4.

enjoy,
Karen
--
Karen Shaeffer                 Be aware: If you see an obstacle in your path,
Neuralscape Services           that obstacle is your path.        Zen proverb