[cfe-dev] libcxx: cstdio / stdio.h - missing file

Ben Pope benpope81 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 23:43:10 PDT 2014

On Monday, August 18, 2014 02:35 PM, Anton Smirnov wrote:
> Thanks a lot, guys.
>
> Now it's clear to me how it works  - AFAIK it requires stdio.h header
> that should be found in system headers
> as it's not included in libcxx include paths. Please correct my if i'm wrong

Yes, stdio.h is part of libc not libcxx and should exist in the sysroot
*for the platform you're compiling for*.

> As i said it works ok for my dev machine and stdio.h is found on it
> correctly.

It's likely that the compiler is configured to compile for your dev
machine by default.

> I'm trying to make it working on ios (unrooted) where there are a lot of
> restrictions as you know.

I don't know what those restrictions are, but you should probably tell
your compiler where it should find the sysroot for the platform you wish
to compile for.

> So now i'm going to add stdio.h and probably some other headers to ios
> app bundle and add -I for .cpp command-line to process by libclang.

That's probably not a great idea, the libc for your dev machine and the
one on your ios device might differ.

> BTW as ios does not allow `fork` i can't just check the same to find
> stdio.h on ios device but it's obvious it can't be found at this time.

I'm lost.

> Thanks and regards, Anton.

Good luck.

Ben