[cfe-dev] Static Analyzer: Tracking an ObjC Object

Arno Appenzeller arno.appenzeller at gmx.de
Fri Aug 8 08:03:25 PDT 2014

Hello,

I already tried some basic checkers which in fact all work.

Now I want to do the next step. My idea is to track a specific ObjC Object and observe it for the usage of a function.
As long as it is in the same function/method it works but I struggle with what happens when an object is explicitly handed over to another function.
I tried a similar approach as the simplestream checker does but I'm not sure how to get something similar like the SymbolRef from C calls.

Can somebody give me some advices? Is this beyond the current capabilities of the analyzer? Unfortunately none of the existing checkers helps me.

Best regards,

Arno