[cfe-dev] how to set clang to fastmath?

Thu Aug 7 07:46:50 PDT 2014

> > Hello,
> >
> > In order to compile a software (desmume-svn5045 [1]), I need to set clang
> > to fastmath.
> > It means that I need to change the floating point math mode I use in
> > clang.
> > If I do this, we told me that I should not encounter this [2] segmentation
> > fault at runtime.
> >
> > Do you know what option I must give to clang to set it to fastmath please?
> > (I don't find the option in the manual [3])
>
> Perhaps, -ffast-math?

Yes, that's it, thank you.
Now, with this option, I am able to compile my software.
This option is not presented in the manual, but we can see it by typing:
$ clang --help | grep fast-math
  -ffast-math             Enable the *frontend*'s 'fast-math' mode. This has no effect on optimizations, but provides a preprocessor macro __FAST_MATH__ the same as GCC's -ffast-math flag