[cfe-dev] Adding lifetime begin/end to unnamed temporaries

Arnaud A. de Grandmaison arnaud.degrandmaison at arm.com
Fri Aug 1 05:48:17 PDT 2014

I do not think this can apply to "C-only", as C has no way to express unnamed temporaries (language lawyers may contradict me here ;)
On the other hand for C++, you can have lots of those unnamed temporaries.

A possible path, along the line of what you suggest, would be to activate lifetime markers only in the non-throwing cases (or when compiled with -fno-exceptions). The exceptional part could come later.

We could at least get some of the benefits now.

Cheers,
Arnaud