[cfe-dev] [RFC] A proposal for #pragma optnone

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Tue Apr 29 15:14:54 PDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:

> Personally, I don't care that it is spelled like gcc's pragma.

Nor do I. I'm trying not to invent a new way of spelling a thing that has
been invented without any catastrophes thus far, while clearly giving it a
different namespace.

But my caring is very low. I just don't think we should be inventing pragma
syntaxes for the sake of it, despite the fact that we don't think this
pragma is something that programmers should be using day in and day out and
is an important interface. It seems like a pointless bikeshed to even try
painting.