[cfe-dev] Standalone tools

Tobias Grosser tobias at grosser.es
Mon Apr 28 10:17:14 PDT 2014

On 28/04/2014 18:56, Manuel Klimek wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 6:54 PM, Dmitri Gribenko <gribozavr at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 5:52 PM, Manuel Klimek <klimek at google.com> wrote:

>> (the

>>> Note that I have suggested this before (multiple times), and the powers
>> that
>>> are (well, Chandler & Doug) have shot down the idea.
>>
>> I am not judging whether it is good or not.  It just became easier than
>> ever.
>>

> Oh, it was always easy - the Tooling stuff always had access to the VFS
> layer that has been there forever. Chandler objected on a principled basis
> (how do we show error message that reference files that are not on disk,
> among others)

FYI, for tools like clang_complete finding these headers causes
regularly issues when file system paths change and YCM just includes
some version of the headers in its own code, which seems to work but is
to my understanding incorrect. So having those headers readily available
seems from a user's perspective a good thing.

Cheers,
Tobias