[cfe-dev] Introduction

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 09:55:27 PDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 7:03 AM, Sebastian Redl
<sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at> wrote:

> On 26 Apr 2014, at 14:05, DbdM Tbt <spin.x2k at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello and good day.
>> My name is David and I am new here.
>> Through some situation of mine, I have been introduced to clang and thus found myself in a whole world.
>> A very different world compared to what I am used to with all the mention of llvm, optimization, compilers, ASTs, etc. Very high-level (PhD-level?) stuff currently way out of my league.
>> I am writing this to ask a few confirmation questions before asking anything else.
>> Is this mailing list only for those who are developing "on" clang?
>> Or can those who are just 'dabbling' in clang, like me who are studying on creating personal tools (ex: LibTooling) ask questions here?
>
> Hi, and welcome. This list is for those who work on Clang and those who use the Clang libraries in their own work. So you are in the right place.
>
> This list is not really for people who just use the compiler to build their code, although I’m not sure what the correct list would be.

We do have a cfe-users mailing list for that. Still intended for user
issues with Clang specifically, not just C++ programming questions,
but we certainly accept some amount of "clang did <X> and I don't
understand why" even when the why happens to be just normal C++ stuff.