[cfe-dev] [RFC] A proposal for #pragma optnone

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Mon Apr 28 06:37:16 PDT 2014

On 04/28/14 08:06 PM, Dario Domizioli wrote:

> The goal of this feature would be to behave in a similar way to
> "#pragma optimize off" in Visual Studio, or "#pragma GCC optimize (0)"
> in gcc.

Why do you want to invent a similar, but only slightly difference
mechanism to disable optimizations? Why not adopt something which is
already familiar to a user community.

Alternatively - if you insist yet another pragma is necessary - could an
"alias" be made so that some of the same mechanics can be leveraged to
implement the duplicate behavior?

My personal opinion is that the exact wording of both the gcc and msvc
are more "clean" than this possibly confusing double negative..