[cfe-dev] Any known issues with clang_getDiagnosticNumRanges() in libclang?

Michael Bolin bolinfest at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 13:06:55 PDT 2014

I am using the Python wrapper for libclang (cindex.py), and none of my
diagnostics have any SourceRanges associated with them. When I create the
translation unit, I even make sure that -fprint-source-range-info
and -fdiagnostics-print-source-range-info are passed as arguments (though I
don't know if that is strictly necessary).

AFAICT, I believe that the Python calling and configuration code is correct:

  conf.lib.clang_getDiagnosticNumRanges(self.diag)

  ("clang_getDiagnosticNumRanges",
   [Diagnostic],
   c_uint),

Are there any suggestions on how to debug this besides writing against
libclang directly in C to make sure everything is working there?

Thank you,
Michael