[cfe-dev] clang c++ stdlib on windows

Michael Steinberg michael.steinberg at tu-clausthal.de
Fri Sep 27 09:46:52 PDT 2013

Hello,

I followed the instructions on the main page to cmake Visual Studio
project files for llvm+clang. This build configuration seems to
preconfigure the Windows-Toolchain in the clang driver along with Visual
Studio's implementation of the c/c++ std lib and template library.
Unfortunately clang cannot parse them.
So I tried to identify the spot in the source code that configured the
paths for Visual Studio and redirected them to a MingW gcc c++ stdlib
(that is version 4.8.1) I have downloaded. However clang also failed to
parse that one (on template specialization forward declaration in
memoryfwd.h as it seems).
My question now is this: Is there a c++11-ready c++ stdlib for windows
that clang supports and that I could redirect it to use?

With Kind Regards,
Michael