[cfe-dev] LLVM Developers' Meeting - Call for "Papers" deadline reminder!

Juan Jose Lopez Villarejo jj.lopezvillarejo at cern.ch
Wed Sep 11 04:10:10 PDT 2013

Hello,

Here is a proposal on
- Talks on new projects using Clang

1) Name, title, association:  Juan J. Lopez-Villarejo, Postdoc, IPhT-CEA-Saclay
2) Abstract and/or extended abstract

Documenting C++ code through flowcharts, generated from special comments.

We present an annotation grammar for special comments inside a C/C++ source code, such as Doxygen's. Together, these comments have the potential to create flowcharts (activity diagrams), showing the actual workings of the code. This provides information on the dynamics, rather than Doxygen's static documentation (classes/objects diagrams). It is specially useful for procedural programming: instead of truly Object Oriented, the code is rather Object Based. This is the scenario in many Physics applications, such as the VINCIA project for LHC Physics (vincia.hepforge.org).
The implementation of a tool that interprets those (contextual) comments would be based on clang AST and a diagram generator (such as graphviz, PlantUML or UMLet). Scientific collaborations are encouraged.

Full visual information:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36372825/current/index.html