[cfe-dev] Building clang tools outside the clang source repo

Thu Sep 5 02:28:33 PDT 2013

Hi Jesper,

it's possible very much. ;) There is a binary called `llvm-config`. It
is installed target when you install LLVM. You can ask it for the
compiler/linker flags. Clang does not have anything similar to it, but
you might not need them. Since includes/defines are shared. Only the
libraries you will miss, but that depends what you do: For plugins,
shall not link against any Clang/LLVM library. For standalone
executable, you link what provides the symbols. :)

Regards,
Laszlo