[cfe-dev] Clang Static Analyzer: reporting a TypeLoc as error location?

Gábor Kozár kozargabor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 09:36:38 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have some (AST-based) checkers that detect type bugs, i.e. cases
where a specific type is incorrect. Unfortunately, I cannot find any
way to make the Clang Static Analyzer accept a TypeLoc as the error
location, since PathDiagnosticLocation only has overloads for Stmt and
Decl. It also has one accepting a SourceLocation, but I want to
highlight the entire range. So I'd need either an overload accepting a
SourceRange, or two SourceLocations.

Currently I'm just displaying the variable/parameter definition as the
error location, which is all right, I guess, but not ideal. Is there
any way to achieve the above? The ability to report any SourceRange as
error location would be very useful, I believe.

Thanks!

Gabor

--
Gábor Kozár