[cfe-dev] [Announcement] LLVM 3.4

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 12:02:59 PDT 2013

Hello LLVMers!

It's that time of year for a new release of LLVM! Time sure has flown. It
seems like only 4 months ago we released LLVM 3.3. :-)

Anyway, here is the current plan of action:

* We will branch on Monday, November 18th at 7PM PST (November 19th at 3AM
GMT).
* This gives us a tentative release date of December 23rd...Just in time
for Christmas! :-)

I'm scheduling it for the 18th to give developers time to recover from the
LLVM Developers Conference, and submit any changes that crop up as a result.

What this means for you:

* Please keep the tree healthy!
* No, really, keep the tree healthy. Both Santa and I will be watching you.
* Finish up your new features as soon as you can. The more "bake time"
before we branch the better.
* UPDATE THE ReleaseNotes.rst FILES!!!
* Go through the bug reports and mark any that are severe as "release
blockers" and CC me on them (isanbard at gmail.com).
* There is no item 6!
* If you have a project that uses LLVM and would like it to be in the
release notes, please add it.

We have a tight schedule, and because of the upcoming holiday season, it's
going to be that much more difficult. But I'm confident that our wonderful
phalanx of testers will do a great job, because they are awesome!

Share and enjoy!
-bw