[cfe-dev] scan-build in python

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Mon Oct 21 09:16:32 PDT 2013

This is the right list for analyzer questions. Ted Kremenek, Anna Zaks, and I are the primary maintainers. What in particular is broken in ccc-analyze / scan-build?

Also, being able to run the analyzer against a compilation database seems like a good feature. I think the auxiliary "clang-check" executable can already do this with its -analyze option, though I haven't tried it, but it doesn't allow for much customization of the output like scan-build does. Still, it could give you a place to start.

> 	For example, to run clang-check on all files in a subtree of the
> 	source tree, use:
>
> 	  find path/in/subtree -name '*.cpp'|xargs clang-check
>
> 	or using a specific build path:
>
> 	  find path/in/subtree -name '*.cpp'|xargs clang-check -p build/path

Jordan