[cfe-dev] Clang for Android ARM (wrap-up)

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Oct 16 00:42:25 PDT 2013

On 16 October 2013 06:53, Anton Smirnov <dev at antonsmirnov.name> wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I'm still trying to compile libclang.so for ARM android and it's just a
> hell ;)

Hi Anton,

I feel your pain, and I also appreciate the full report, since I was
cataloguing the problems of using Clang in cross-compilation environments,
and using Clang on Android is particularly interesting.

I haven't done it myself, so I can't help you either, but there is another
mailing list that could help you:

LLVM Linux <llvmlinux at lists.linuxfoundation.org>

They mainly compile the kernel with Clang, but they also compile a full
Android stack, boot it and test it, so they may know the magic runes to get
Clang into Android.

cheers,
--renato