[cfe-dev] Remove leading underscores from exported symbols

Ryan Gonzalez rymg19 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 09:59:44 PDT 2013

Hello,

I noticed something about when Clang exports symbols: they are exported
with a leading underscore(`_`). This can cause linker errors like crazy
when building shared libraries or Python extensions under Windows. My
request is that the leading underscore is removed. I'm not sure if this is
in LLVM, not Clang, but it causes problems on Windows nonetheless.

Also, please alert me is I am posting in the wrong mailing list. I'm kinda
new here... :)

--
Ryan