[cfe-dev] c libraries implementation

Jean-Daniel Dupas devlists at shadowlab.org
Fri Oct 11 02:05:19 PDT 2013

While using zero-cost exception model, unwinding is done at runtime by parsing and interpreting external exception tables.
The code to perform such task is not part of the language nor it is generated by the compiler. You have to use some external library (like libunwind or now libcxxabi) to perform such task.

Le 11 oct. 2013 à 00:23, James Gregurich <bayoubengal at mac.com> a écrit :

> Could you elaborate on the practical significance of this change?  Stack unwinding is a fundamental part of C++. It doesn't make sense that it be just added to the system.  Therefore, I must not understand what you are talking about.
>

> On Oct 10, 2013, at 3:14 PM, Jean-Daniel Dupas <devlists at shadowlab.org> wrote:
>
>>  libcxxabi now included unwind support

-- Jean-Daniel