[cfe-dev] Undefined LLVM reference when loading Clang Static Analyzer plugin

Mathieu Baudet mathieu.baudet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 20:05:01 PDT 2013

Hi Gabor,

I was planning on reporting the following issue (or caveat) for some
time. This might explain your problem.

After installing clang in release mode (for me ./configure
--disable-assertions --enable-optimized), the installed binary of
clang cannot load plugins any more. One needs to copy the original
binary manually and strip it with option -x (or not at all).

Failing to do so gives an error comparable to the one you report.

Hoping this helps,
--
Mathieu