[cfe-dev] clang warns on libcxx chrono and string usage of user-defined literals

Marshall Clow mclow.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 09:46:39 PDT 2013

On Oct 1, 2013, at 9:41 AM, Yaron Keren <yaron.keren at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am calling clang using a custom driver, and it seems clang diagnostics state is different than the command line driver. I'm looking into this issue now.
>
> This aside, I think that clang turns off all warnings for system include files, so compiling from the command line effectively hides this warning as well as potential others.

I don't think that's true; (the 'all warnings' part), but lang definitely behaves somewhat differently when compiling a system header file.

> So the question is wether this is a real issue or not, as the suffixes in chrono are lacking an underscore but are not user-defined but system-defined.

If you're not compiling a system include file, then that's a fine error.
UDL's that do not start with '_' are reserved.

But there has to be a way for libc++ to define them.

I would say that this is not a real issue.

-- Marshall