[cfe-dev] clang-format, only horizontal whitespace changes

Björn Töpel bjorn.topel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 04:38:26 PST 2013

Disclaimer: I haven't found a "cfe-user" list, so if my mail is
considered "not for the dev-list", feel free to ignore it!

I have a code project that I'd like to re-indent using clang-format,
however, in order not to break the history, I'd like to make the tool
*only* format horizontally (e.g. git log  -b, --ignore-space-change
will just ignore the re-indentation commit).

So it would be a "best effort" re-indent - doing the best it can, but
only horizontally (still removing extra spaces in parenthesis pair
etc.)

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Björn Töpel