[cfe-dev] Using "unknown" cxx11 attributes to flag declarations

Patrick Gartung gartung at fnal.gov
Tue Nov 19 09:27:41 PST 2013

Hi,

We are  working on a project to make a large code base thread safe. We
have several clang static analyzers that we use to identify thread
safety problems. As we fix these problems we would like to use cxx11
attributes to flag them complete, eg void * foo () -->>
[cms::threadsafe] void * foo(). Initial tests we release 3.3 show that
the parse throws a warning and drops the info:

func_checker.cpp:8:4: warning: unknown attribute 'threadsafe' ignored
[[ cms::threadsafe ]] void bar() {

We would like to store the contents of the unknown attribute and drop
static analyzer reports based on it.

Is there support for this in the head version of clang?

Patrick Gartung