[cfe-dev] [RFC] Win32 SEH Implementation

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Fri Nov 15 04:53:24 PST 2013

Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com>
writes:

> I don't know who you are, but I highly doubt you are a patent attorney
> practicing in the US. As a consequence, I don't think you are really in a
> good position to claim what would or would not infringe on patents, to
> accurately portray them, and to give an opinion on if they are valid and
> when all valid patents in any particular are might or might not expire.

The OPs message is 37 lines long. Only a 4 line paragraph talk about a
patent. The rest is pure technicalities.

Would you find yourself relieved if the message is reposted without that
paragraph?

> Please don't discuss patents or legal issues on the mailing list. The LLVM
> project mailing lists are not suitable forums for discussing such things.
> If you want to discuss aspects of patents or other intellectual property
> law, I would strongly encourage you to speak directly to your attorney
> instead.

He is not discussing the patent. He just mentions it on passing. He
wants to discuss an implementation approach for SEH.