[cfe-dev] Building clang on Windows with CMake/Ninja

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Thu Nov 14 16:15:33 PST 2013

Edward Diener <eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com>
writes:

> Running the cmake command you specified worked but with this warning:
>
> "-- Warning: LLVM will be built thread-unsafe because atomic builtins
> are missing"
>
> Does this affect the build of clang in any way ?

IIRC this means that it is unsafe to use LLVM on multiple threads (for
those specific LLVM features which support parallel execution.)

AFAIK it doesn't affect Clang, although there is more knowledgeable
people than me here that can correct or confirm that assertion.

I think that MinGW-w64 supports atomic builtins.