[cfe-dev] "clang.org"

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Wed Nov 13 10:05:06 PST 2013

On 13/11/2013 16:58, Timur Iskhodzhanov wrote:
> 2013/11/13 Reid Kleckner <rnk at google.com>:
>> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 2:57 AM, Yaron Keren <yaron.keren at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It should list the pre-built binaries at first. It should link to the
>>> Windows pre-built binaries which currently are well hidden on the alpha
>>> site.
>>
>> I'd rather keep the development builds somewhat hidden.  They are alpha,
>> after all.  When we do the 3.4 release, we should make a Windows installer
>> and put it with the other binary packages, which are currently the most
>> discoverable.
> Frankly, the 3.4 will be way "alpha" on Windows still due to byval,
> RTTI and stuff...

Hi Timur,

Disagree strongly on this.

The Windows build of clang 3.4 is absolutely production-grade in almost
every area now. It's not a major problem if codegen isn't quite there
yet as long as it's mentioned in the release notes.

Compelling features like refactoring, the C SDK, Python API, static
analyser -- nearly all the "exciting" features that set clang apart --
are all production-grade on Windows and have been for some time.

When it comes time to compile, there are plenty of commodity compilers
out there that'll get the job done as a stopgap.

clang 3.4 on Windows is something to announce and be proud of, not to
hide away as 'alpha'

Alp.

> 2013/11/12 "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom at pathscale.com>:
>> My best guess would be an "experimental" branch(es) and "experimental"
>> labeled binaries which the "community" can somehow publish more easily.
> Isn't github a suitable place for this?

http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts