[cfe-dev] deque<Incomplete Type> support

Zhihao Yuan zy at miator.net
Tue Nov 12 11:47:39 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Dimitry Andric <dimitry at andric.com> wrote:
> On 12 Nov 2013, at 18:35, Zhihao Yuan <zy at miator.net> wrote:
>> is broken, while libstdc++ supports it.
>>
>>  struct A {
>>    deque<A> q;
>>  };
>>
>> I regard this as a QoI issue, and a somewhat important one.
>> 1. vector, map support it; 2. no workaround unless discarding
>> user's intended API.
>
> This is not allowed by the standard, why would you want to promote using undefined features?  Better get libstdc++ to conform. :-)

AFAIK, the standard said nothing about whether and when to allow it,
that does not mean the standard do not allow it.  This is a difference:
if an implementation allows it, it's not non-confirming, and user can
benefit from it, and we already have those users, as reported to
FreeBSD -- the "pan" news client.  Please show me where the standard
does not allow it (which means, an implementation allows it is
non-confirming).

--
Zhihao Yuan, ID lichray