[cfe-dev] "clang.org"

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Mon Nov 11 22:36:45 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Alp Toker <alp at nuanti.com> wrote:
> Hello Devin,
>
> We're producing a Windows version of clang at http://clang.org

Hi Alp,

Can you elaborate on why you made this page?

Do you think that the content on clang.llvm.org should be improved?  If so, we'd be happy to take patches.

Do you think that clang.llvm.org is a poor url?  If so, would you be willing to make clang.org simply redirect to clang.llvm.org?

I obviously can't tell you what domains you are allowed to register, but this page is problematic for the community.  It is effectively making an unofficial "fork" of the clang branding.  If you'd like to continue running it as a site divorced from clang.llvm.org, I'd request that you make it *very* clear that it is not the official Clang web site.

Thanks,

-Chris