[cfe-dev] What are the plans for creating a Windows Binary Release of Clang?

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Mon Nov 11 11:55:24 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2013, at 11:24 AM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com>
> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Devin Crumb <bitogre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does Clang have C headers and C libraries for Unix that I can port to
>> Windows or do I need to start from scratch?
>

> No, Clang does not include any thing from libc at this point.
>
> If you are seriously interested in starting one, there might be serious
> interest in it being a designated LLVM project. I would start a separate
> email thread on that subject if you want to pursue it as part of the LLVM
> project. I'm happy to point you at some of the folks that should be part of
> such a discussion.
>

> I'd like to encourage you to do this.
> It's not a small undertaking, though.

FWIW, I too would like to see a libc as part of the LLVM project. =] That's
why I offered to help connect interested parties. I think there is a lot of
interest in this, but it would be a massive undertaking. I'm also only
really interested if it sets out from the beginning to be nicely cross
platform.