[cfe-dev] gdb testsuite results (many regressions)

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 09:51:05 PDT 2013

You say "regressions" in the topic - are they actually regressions? Did
these pass at some point?

We track a modified version of the GDB 7.5 test suite as a Clang buildbot
here: http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-x86_64-ubuntu-gdb-75 (you can
find the sources in the LLVM project 'cte'). It contains some amount of
XFAILs for variations between compilers or Clang bugs (that all have bugs
in llvm.org/bugs filed).

I haven't had a chance/taken the time to port these xfails and test changes
to upstream GDB, but that'd be a nice thing to do at some point and then
setup a bot that is ToT GDB and ToT Clang so we can find bugs in either
(since so much of the debug info experience is an implicit contract between
producer and consumer - so end to end testing is a necessary evil)