[cfe-dev] Naive Mavericks Trunk Build Errors

Jean-Daniel Dupas devlists at shadowlab.org
Fri Nov 1 06:56:26 PDT 2013

Le 1 nov. 2013 à 01:57, Jordan Rose <jordan_rose at apple.com> a écrit :

> The command line tools can also be installed from within Xcode, under the Downloads pane in Preferences.

I think it is no longer possible to do it from Xcode when using Xcode 5 and Maverick. This is due to the new way command line tools works in Maverick.
The base system contains stubs for standard cli and they are mapped to the Xcode buitin tools or to a stand-alone set of command line tools in /Library.
If neither are installed, the system presents a dialog asking if you want to install the command line tools, to download Xcode.

You can open this dialog and so request installation of the command line tools (even if Xcode is already installed) using:

xcode-select --install