[cfe-dev] Determining whether Container<T>()==Container<T>() can compile?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed May 29 00:27:38 PDT 2013

Mailing List Email wrote:

> That is unfortunate. I am afraid that, at  this moment, I do not know of a

> better solution. It would seem that  decltype erroneously makes the

> overloaded well-formed while the idea was  that it should not.

> Perhaps someone else will have another  suggestion.

It appears there is no known solution. Boost hit the same problem:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16791391/determining-whether-containert-containert-can-compile

However, as I wrote before, the problem becomes solvable if trailing
return types are used:

So, I'm wondering if we can change libcxx to use trailing return types
for operators like that? Would such a change have to go into the c++
standard itself?

Thanks,

Steve