[cfe-dev] x86-64 Code Models

Cameron McInally cameron.mcinally at nyu.edu
Wed May 22 08:03:20 PDT 2013

Hey guys,

I'm not a heavy clang user. Please forgive my simple question...

Is this a Bug?

xxx$ ./build/Debug+Asserts/bin/clang -fpic -mcode-model=medium -S test.c
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-mcode-model=medium'

It seems like the mcode-model option isn't supported. Was this option
deprecated? I have not been able to find much documentation concerning this
option.

This is one of the first chances I've had to look at the clang source, but
there does appear to be some code built around mcode-model.

Thanks,
Cameron