[cfe-dev] Doxygen 1.8.4 uses libclang to improve parsing

Sergey Shambir sergey.shambir.auto at gmail.com
Mon May 20 14:15:31 PDT 2013

One header file can be included from C, C++, Objective-C code (in same
project) or with different preprocessor state. It's better to infer
header file options from sources where it was included.

Also doxygen doesn't need to scan headers directly, they will be scanned
by indexing API when procesing source files. XCode collects diagnostic
for headers from indexing without guessing header options, too. But
probably it guesses header options from inclusions in *.cpp before
highlighting header, opened in editor.

Of course, platform-specific headers still suffer.