[cfe-dev] naked attribute

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Thu May 2 15:11:45 PDT 2013

On 05/02/2013 02:14 PM, Rafael EspĂ­ndola wrote:
> On 2 May 2013 17:11, Tim Northover <t.p.northover at gmail.com> wrote:
>> A case for __attribute__((stark_naked))?
> I am OK with adding such an attribute, but we should try to coordinate
> with gcc, so that we don't end up with stark_naked and they add a
> completely_naked or something :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Rafael
Interesting. This all conflicts with gcc documentation.
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Function-Attributes.html

When discussing the OS_main/OS_task attribute:
The manual states:

The differences to the|naked|function attribute are:

  * |naked|functions do not have a return instruction
    whereas|OS_main|and|OS_task|functions have a|RET|or|RETI|return
    instruction.
  * |naked|functions do not set up a frame for local variables or a
    frame pointer whereas|OS_main|and|OS_task|do this as needed.