[cfe-dev] [libcxx] RFC: C++14 and beyond

Jonathan Sauer jonathan.sauer at gmx.de
Thu May 2 10:37:52 PDT 2013

Hello,

> This isn't an argument for not adding post-C++11 items to libc++.  It is simply an argument that we should provide a way for platforms and clients to choose:
>
> 1.  What is the default C++ standard libc++ is going to adhere to for a given platform?

The same standard that clang uses for compilation (-std=c++xx). Not sure if that would work with
gcc, though.

This might also be a problem when libc++ is shipped with the OS (as is the case on MacOS X).

> 2.  How do clients override the default?

By appropriately defining a configuration macro (like the already existing _LIBCPP_DEBUG2).

How do the inline namespaces that libc++ already uses play into this?

My 2 cents,
Jonathan