[cfe-dev] Compiling with Clang for target Windows Phone ARM

dev dev dev7359 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 00:25:39 PDT 2013

Hi,

I would like to compile a C program with Clang for Windows Phone ARM target.

The host machine is amd64 running Windows 8.
I'm using the out of the box Clang 3.1 release binary for Windows and MinGW.

I run:
> clang -v -target arm -I. -c c:\TEST\a.c -o c:\TEST\a.o

I get the following:

clang version 3.1 (branches/release_31)
Target: arm
Thread model: posix
clang: warning: unknown platform, assuming -mfloat-abi=soft
error: unable to create target: 'No available targets are compatible with
this triple, see -version for the available targets.'

When I run llc --verions

LLVM (http://llvm.org/):
  LLVM version 3.1svn
  DEBUG build with assertions.
  Built Jan 27 2013 (15:12:16).
  Default target: i686-pc-win32
  Host CPU: i686

  Registered Targets:
    c      - C backend
    x86    - 32-bit X86: Pentium-Pro and above
    x86-64 - 64-bit X86: EM64T and AMD64

So no ARM LLVM backend.

Is there any particular reason for not supporting ARM on Windows host?

If no, do I have to recompile both LLVM and Clang or only Clang?

Thanks,
David