[cfe-dev] Hardware for building LLVM+Clang in 10-20 minutes

NAKAMURA Takumi geek4civic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 19:51:13 PDT 2013

Anton, FYI, one of my builders can build clang by 5 to 6 minutes (with
just-built-clang w/o Assertions).
http://bb.pgr.jp/builders/clang-3stage-x86_64-linux/builds/112
It is; AMD FX-8350, 32GB of RAM and Intel X25-M G2 SSD, Linux x86-64.

I know it will be faster with more expensive box. Working in progress...

I strongly suggest you may throw away Windows out of the window :p
Otherwise, I suggest you may take cmake and ninja for (mingw32|msvc).
They work better. Feel free to ask.

...Takumi