[cfe-dev] c++-analyzer on llvm-clang svn r178133

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 03:07:56 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 8:46 PM, Dmitri Gribenko <gribozavr at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is in Python.  Here's what it takes to build LLVM+Clang+everything else:
>
> http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/zorg/trunk/zorg/buildbot/builders/ClangAndLLDBuilder.py?revision=176979&view=markup
>
> Here's buildbot documentation:
>
> http://buildbot.net/buildbot/docs/0.8.7p1/
>
> Dmitri

Thanks for the links. Looks like I have a real reason to start to
learn python now. At least some of the stuff appears to execute
regular shell commands, so that's at least familiar. Though I doubt
anyone is willing to accept a line by line translation from my shell
script in python 'ShellCommand' stuff. ;)

I guess Ill start by trying to set up a buildbot master/slave on my
machine, and see if I can get that running.

Something that might become an issue though: buildbot doesnt run as
'root', and you need root to install a new llvm/clang.Is running stuff
as root an issue ?

- John Smith