[cfe-dev] Clang-based indexer and code navigator

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Tue Mar 19 04:43:27 PDT 2013

On Tuesday 12 March 2013 11:00:31 David Röthlisberger wrote:
[...]
> As you know, the clang C++ API is unstable. What is your plan for
> maintaining sourceweb? Have you evaluated the stable C api ("libclang")?
> Is there anything missing from libclang that prevented you from using
> it? If the missing areas aren't huge, perhaps effort would be better
> spent improving the libclang API than keeping an out-of-tree tool in
> sync with the C++ API.

Personally, I used the C++ API rather than libclang because I wanted to
develop in C++ and not in C.
I think C is an inferior language compared to C++,   and I did not want to
write my C++ wrapper around the C API while there is already a very good C++
API.

Also the C++ API is stable enough, I have started working with clang 3.1, and
now using clang from trunk, there was only a couple of incompatible change.

--
Olivier